End of the OverDrive app
The OverDrive app will sunset at the end of April 2023. This change will simplify how you promote your digital collection, train your staff, and support your users. In the weeks before the OverDrive app sunset, current in-app messaging will be updated to give users a final reminder to switch to Libby. For more information and resources, please visit the IFLS E-Resources page. Questions? Contact Cecelia Cole, IFLS Resource Sharing and Collection Consultant.
Wild Wisconsin Winter Web Conference
Leah says don’t miss these timely and actionable webinars with presenters that have practical experience to share. Two days, lots of options. Catch them live on Jan 25-26, or watch a recording later. Go to the WWWWC 2023 website for all the information and free registration. View by yourself or bring some coworkers for a great staff training opportunity!
Please promote the Library Love Story campaign
56 stories and counting! Thank you for your enthusiasm for this advocacy push. Check out the stories here.
WAPL Conference needs you! Deadline is Friday.
- Boldly claiming (and being proud of) our roles as change agents, movers and shakers, community healers, resiliency builders
- Moving forward through futuristic thinking, strength, and strategy
- Feeling pride and fulfillment in our profession
- Re-energizing our colleagues, our communities, our boards, and ourselves
We invite you (and your great ideas!) to be a part of making this event our best conference ever by submitting a session proposal that supports this theme at https://wla.memberclicks.net/wapl-call-for-program-proposals. Proposals are welcome from EVERYONE – WLA member membership is not necessary.
The conference will offer six concurrent breakout sessions in one-hour time slots (36 breakouts overall) during the following dates/times:
- Thursday, April 27 at 10:30 – 11:30 AM, 1:15 – 2:15 PM, and 2:30 – 3:30 PM
- Friday, April 28 at 8:30 – 9:30 AM, 9:45 – 10:45 AM, and 11 AM – Noon.
If you have any questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cricket LaFond (Clear Lake) attended the WiLSWorld Short with Findhelp and thought other librarians might find it useful. You can find the recording on their YouTube channel.
Send recommendations to include in the Weekly Digest to Reb Kilde at email@example.com.
Watch for Marketing Monthly early next week with Annual Report visualization resources.
The next few weeks on the IFLS calendar.
- Thu Jan 19th 10:00am: Webmaster Office Hours
- Fri Jan 20th 10:00am – 1:00pm: MORE Directors Council meeting
- Tue Jan 24th 1:00pm – 2:00pm: Youth Services Virtual Check-in: Collection Confidential (note the rescheduled date.)
- Wed Jan 25th and Thu Jan 26th, 9:00am – 3:30pm: Wild Wisconsin Winter Web Conference
- Wed Feb 1st 10:00am – 3:00pm at IFLS, Thu Feb 2nd 10:00am – 3:00pm in Rice Lake: In-person Annual Report Workshops. Registration required, bring your own device.
- Tue Feb 7th: Library Legislative Day
- Thu Feb 9th 1:00pm – 2:00pm: first webinar in the Youth Services Series: Programs with Intention. Search on “Youth Services” in the IFLS calendar to see the entire series.
Stay safe out there everybody, and have a great week!