Privacy: is your library up to speed?
Wisconsin public library workers have access to a tutorial covering the basics of privacy and public libraries, with specific attention to Wisconsin laws. All the details are on the IFLS Continuing Education page and is now added to the article index.
These tutorials were created by the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s iSchool, and are sponsored by Wisconsin Public Library Systems with support from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction’s Public Instruction, with funding from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
- Privacy and Wisconsin Public Libraries Tutorial for Front-Line Staff: https://my.nicheacademy.com/iflslib-staff/course/56679
- Privacy and Wisconsin Public Libraries Tutorial for Managers and Directors: https://my.nicheacademy.com/iflslib-staff/course/56903
Please contact Leah Langby (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions, or if you have any difficulty accessing the tutorials.
Good news for Beanstack users!
DPI has obtained procurement authority from the Department of Administration and a seamless transition is expected from the previous statewide contract to a new one with Beanstack. You can plan with the confidence that Beanstack will be available for coming year.
ALA issues a statement condemning ongoing threats against libraries
St. Catherine’s University: scholarships available for MLIS
Gardening webinars for everyone
This series is sponsored by the Milwaukee Public Library and Melinda Myers.
- April 18, 2023, 6:30 p.m. CT – Growing a Bountiful Harvest – Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/3382483008631715
- May 3, 2023, 6:30 p.m. CT – Gardening in a Changing Climate – Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/887499652506142
- Sept. 13, 2023, 6:30 p.m. CT – Fall is for Planning and Planting an Energy-Saving Landscape – Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1276832873248072
If you think that your audience would like to participate in these webinars you’re encouraged to promote them:
- Melinda Meyers website content for libraries
- Promotional materials: there’s a ton of content in there
- If you have any questions, please reach out to Diana Paul at email@example.com.
Advocacy Alert: Joint Finance hearing in Eau Claire on April 11, 2023
This is an opportunity to stand up for libraries, and it would be great to have library trustees from our system in attendance. If you haven’t seen the emails from John Thompson and you’re interested in this advocacy opportunity, please contact him. firstname.lastname@example.org
New this year:
- Cornell Public Library and CVTC will be participating!
- Staff-only passports
- Marketing Monthly has passport swag
Coming up at IFLS
- MORE Executive Committee Meeting Fri Apr 7th 10:00am – 1:00pm
- Webmaster Office Hours Tue Apr 11th 10:00am
- Beyond Diversity 101: Micro-inequities, Implicit Bias, and Moving Toward Equity (WI Libraries Talk About Race) Tue Apr 18th 11:00am – 12:00pm
Have a great weekend! If you’d like to include something in Weekly Digest email it to Reb by the end of the day Wednesday. email@example.com